Beulah UMC began in the winter of 1887, originally named Winter Protestant Methodist Church. It moved to its present location in the late 1870s or early 1880s and the name was changed to Liberty Protestant Methodist Church, a part of the Lee County circuit. In 1949 the church was remodeled, adding two rooms and a foyer at the front of the one-room structure. Stained glass windows were installed at this time. In 1963 the building was remodeled again, including new furniture. In 1972 a fellowship hall, kitchen, and three classrooms were added to the church. In 1980 Beulah UMC received their first full-time pastor, and a parsonage was placed near the church. In the early 1990s, a food bank program was established, working out of the fellowship hall. In the mid 1990s, an organ was installed. Around 2000, a portico was added to the front of the church, the Sanctuary was updated, and the ceiling was repaired. In the early 2000s, a parsonage was built. In 2002 the flags were dedicated in the church. In 2005 a scholarship fund was established to help finance college expenses for a deserving high school senior. In the 2010s, the church acquired a new building, now known as the Outreach Center, where the food pantry and the clothes closet are located. In 2016 the Parsonage was redecorated to serve as the church offices.
*Picture above is from Pentecost Sunday
Photo & table design by Rev. Katrina Paxson